The Instrument Rating is the perfect companion for your private pilot license. With an Instrument Rating you can use personal airplanes reliably for fun and practical transportation. Our course also makes use of the Redbird FMX and SD advanced aviation training devices to reduce the number of flight hours needed to complete the course.
"Cleared for Approach" provides you with a complete training package, and it is FAA-approved under Part 141 of the Federal Aviation Regulations. Featuring the Cessna Integrated Flight Training System - the most comprehensive instrument pilot program available, utilizing Cessna's scenario-based online curriculum.
The Cleared for Approach Course includes:
• Cessna IFR training Kit (includes C172R or C172S POH only)
• 10 hours in the Redbird FMX Advanced Aviation Training Device
• 25 hours of aircraft time, including fuel
• 55 hours of FAA-certificated flight instructor time
• Charts, Plates, Airport Facility Directory
• 6% package discount
• Testing Fees are not included
• FAA Private Pilot Certificate or higher (airplane)
• Meet pilot experience requirements for the aircraft selected
|Aircraft||Model Year||Tail Number||Cost|
|Cessna C172N SkyHawk||1979||N1629E||$7,200|
|Cessna C172R SkyHawk||1998||N857CP||$7,700|
|Cessna C172S SkyHawk||2000||N17SJ||$7,700|
|Cessna C172SP NAV II SkyHawk||2003||N2141Y||$7,900|
|Cessna C172SP NAV III SkyHawk||2005||N1615A||$8,000|
|Piper PA-28R Arrow||1973||N15302||$7,900|
|Cessna C182T NAV II SkyLane||2003||N2144V||$9,400|
NAV II: Multifunction Display, 2-axis autopilot, KLN 94 color GPS.
NAV III: Garmin G1000 electronic flight instrument system.