Anson Aviation offers the following courses for VA students:
|Program||Solo Hours||Dual Hours||Ground Instruction||Total Aircraft Hours||Total Instructor Hours||Va Program Cost|
|Commercial ASEL Initial||65||55||35||120||90||$24,695.00|
|Commercial AMEL Add-on||0||15||17||15||32||$5,810.00|
- VA students must enroll in part 141 flight training programs
- Hours above are minimum program requirements
- VA program cost assumes minimum hours in most expensive aircraft applicable to that program
Different Types of VA Flight Training:
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
- VA will reimburse up to 60% of VA Program Costs
- VA will reimburse costs up to the minimum hours required in each category (solo, dual, ground) for each program
- VA will reimburse the student directly; student must pay training costs up front at time of training
Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
- VA will reimburse up to 100% of VA program costs, up to the annual maximum.
- VA will reimburse costs up to the minimum hours required in each category (solo, dual, ground) for each program.
- Costs incurred will count against the annual maximum for the academic year in which each course began and are cumulative.
- Academic year: August 1 – July 31.
- Flight Training annual maximum for 2016/2017 School Year: $12,554.54
- VA will reimburse the flight school directly, however be aware that the student will be held responsible for all costs beyond what the VA will reimburse.
- Private Pilot ASEL Certificate or privileges
- At least current 2nd Class Medical Certificate privileges
YOU MAY NOT ENROLL IN TRAINING BEFORE OBTAINING THE REQUIRED MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
Course Specific Prerequisites:
Instrument Airplane - Commercial ASEL (or concurrent enrollment)
Commercial ASEL Initial - Instrument Airplane (or concurrent enrollment)
Commercial AMEL Add-on - Commercial Airplane (any class)
CFI Initial - Commercial ASEL, Instrument Airplane
CFII Add-on - Commercial ASEL, Instrument Airplane, CFI (any)
MEI Add-on - Unrestricted Commercial AMEL, CFI Airplane (any class)
- VA reimbursement rates will be reduced if your benefit level is less than 100% (based on time in service) – refer to your certificate of eligibility
-Total VA benefit limits are applicable
-VA will only reimburse training hours; VA will not reimburse books, charts, other supplies, examination fees*, or practical test aircraft rental
-You must complete at least 6 hours of training per course per month or your enrollment may be automatically terminated
*Examination fees may be reimbursed via the separate Licensing and Certification Approval System - for details and to apply see:
How to Apply:
To apply, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp
Use the following School Address:
Anson Air, LLC
12888 Highway 6 S. STE 300
Sugar Land, TX 77498
When your benefits are approved, you may enroll in flight training; bring a copy of the certificate of eligibility the VA sent along with all required certificates.
For more information, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/index.asp or call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)